Friday, May 05, 2006

the need for pretty things

i have moved - finally! hoping that i'll be there for awhile. i like having the balcony. first night in my new abode went well. i can't hear my neighbours.

bliss!

of course not all can be perfect. nor do i expect it to be but as i've mentioned before, it can be frustrating learning the differences of how general business is dealt with over here. it's like 2+2 doesn't equal 4 anymore.

source of current frustration - maybe not that drastic - but it's the damn car!

last week i found out about a used mini cooper, wicked specs, low mileage and good deal. unbeknownst to me at the time, the same was thought by me and about four other people. apparently we were all vying for the same car. i lost out on it to only find out about another mini coop that came available.

the latest was not as nice as the other one (isn't that how the story always goes?) but still great specs, albeit higher mileage. a good deal. i wanted to at least get to see/drive the car before sealing the deal. so i put a deposit down over the phone (thank goodness for credit cards) and the mini sales guy was coordinating to have the car brought to the dealership near me ...

great. i even confirmed with the sales manager 'this one is mine, right?' .. to which 'absolutely' was replied.

yeah notsomuch. found out wednesday afternoon that it's gone too.

i just don't understand what it is that i'm supposed to do to buy the car. i figured that the deposit would do the trick. apparently the whole screw up was due to dealership rivalry. like i care - i just wanted to buy the car. from that perspective, i'm the ideal customer!

the cooper has now become elusive, playing hard to get, it's taunting me. or maybe it wasn't meant to be - but i'm not buyin' that.

want. will get.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cooper tasks me. It tasks me, and I shall have it. I chase round the moons of saturn, and round horsed nebula and round perditions flame before I give it up!

Anonymous said...

(take two)

The cooper tasks me. It tasks me, and I shall have it. I chase it round the moons of saturn, and round horse head nebula and round perditions flame before I give it up!

lapoflux said...

Saw two Minis on way to/from Lux lessons the other night.
1) lovely smoky purple-ish blue (yeah, that must be what they list as the colour in the catalog) with navy blue soft top... so pretty, yet not girly
2) red, white and blue with Union Jacks painted on the side mirrors - egad

Please can you buy number one??? Even I coveted it (and I usually only covet shoes...)